A seriously unlucky morning as far as the experiments were concerned.
While Rachid worked with the students again, I was trying to do another set of photobleaching trials. I broke two slides just trying to set up, an inauspicious start to be sure. Then every ten minutes I checked the first slide to see how the concentration of NucS on the surface was developing. Even after an hour they were still fairly sparse. Then the laser seemed to exit TIRF mode on its own while I was adjusting the position of the objective lens. When I thought I had it back to how it was supposed to be, I couldnt find anything on the slide. I checked my other two slides but they were also void of NucS spots.
With the second set of trials, I saw no good areas on one. But! with the second one i did take ten videos. Looking at them again back at my desk though I have to say that although the points are very clear, there are so few of them that I'm not sure its a strong analysis either.
Unfortunately matlab is once again giving me the licensing error, so I cant test that theory. Back to reading papers!
No comments:
Post a Comment