Monday, July 4

Today was split up between analyzing data in the morning and performing more experiments in the afternoon. Rachid did the reverse which gave me a lot of independence but also the availability of his expertise for both portions.

In performing the analysis of the photobleaching of the NucS from last Friday , I found that the amount of time they survived was significantly greater (which is good!) than what I had previously found with Monday's data. I printed out the graphs and have saved them as images so theres a half decent chance theyll end up in my final presentation.

In the afternoom I did experiments with the full surface treatment and a different buffer that Rachid had used with his in the morning so that we could compare results. I started out with three slides and treated them all exactly the same as I went through the steps, yet one came out covered in DNA and the other two had a much more sparse density. Rachid doesn't know why this happens but we've seen it time and time again and is one of the reasons why its so difficult to optimize the surface treatment since variables you dont even control also affect each trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment