Thursday, June 30

Navigo? navino!

Another almost purely analysis day. I made my way through ten trials of photobleaching NucS to find the various time intervals each seeable protien took to photobleach. Throwing those into a gigantic vector I used them to help create my experimental curve for the interaction and have ever since been testing different numbers with matlab code for our theoretical curve to make it mimic as much as possible the experimental one. Most of the different variations dont take very long to compile but when I put a very small number in it can lead to quarters of hours disappearing.

This morning I went to a seminar on laser safety which was in french but the slides were in english. I was surprised by how much I was able to follow with this combination. I tended to lose the thread only when someone asked a question either because they spoke too softly, quickly, or perhaps just from the lack of a visual aid.

This afternoon, Rachid and I are doing another set of photobleaching experiments with NucS. We are going to try a different method that he recently read about in a paper to test its effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment