Let the adventure begin!
A corner of the internet dedicated to documenting my research experience in optics and depicting my adventures in Paris.
Tuesday, May 24
Introductions are in order
I have been blessed with the opportunity to pursue a research project in optics this summer through the University of Michigan and L'ecole Polytechnique. In general, I will be performing Total Internal Reflection Microscopy (TIRF) to study the interactions between the reparation protein NucS and DNA molecules. Details will be forthcoming on my project as I update this blog with my progress and results throughout the course of the summer. I have not yet taken optics as a course or had any other research experience in this field but have been interested for a long time in the variety of applications especially in connection with medical physics. I will be graduating this December and hope that this project helps solidify my plans for grad school and my career. Additionally, since we will all be in Paris, I intend to make the most of that opportunity as well and see as much of France and parts of Europe as is humanly possible in 9 weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment